Monday, April 30, 2007

Choosing the Pathway of Truth

Because we have spent time in our books and Bibles during the last several months, we have been reminded weekly that Satan is the author of all lies. He doesn't care what we believe as long as we do not believe the Truth. We have learned how to recognize his lies, and then how to immediately refute each one with the Truth of God's Word. If we find ourselves repeating a sin again and again, we must remember that we have power over it when we embrace the Truth and act upon it instead of the lie.

We will spin our wheels if we attempt to find the power to overcome sin anywhere except through Jesus Christ. He tells us, "I am the way the truth and the life..." Our own human reasoning cannot free us from the bondage of Satan's lies and our sin. We must not delay, but go quickly to the Word of God, which has the power to set us free. The Lord is faithful and will not hide His ways from us.

Isaiah 55:8-9, "'For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,' says the Lord. 'For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.'"

Proverbs 14:12, "There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death."

Satan does not grow weary of lying, and he roams his domain "like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour" (1 Peter 5:8). His goal is to destroy Christians, so we must always stand ready and remain alert. The best way to prepare for battle is to know your Sword and how to to use it. Your Sword is your Bible.

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me Your ways, O LORD; Teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; on You I wait all the day."

As we remain commited to always choosing the pathway of truth, may we also remain commited to always cry out to our Lord for His unending love and mercy as we take the next step. He will never leave or forsake us.

Love, Karen

1 comments:

rpkkj said...

Thanks Karen, for spending so much time encouraging us. Wish I could be there!