Saturday, October 27, 2007

God is Not Limited

1 Corinthians 13:9, "For we know in part and we prophesy in part."

Our best knowledge and our greatest abilities to teach that which we know are exactly like our condition: limited and temporary. This is the way it is and it is the way it will remain as long as we live in these temporary bodies on this earth.

Our Heavenly Father, the God Whom we serve, possesses three specific characteristics:

1. He is omnipotent: almighty, infinite in power, having unlimited authority.

2. He is omnipresent: present everywhere at the same time.

3. He is omniscient: having unlimited knowledge, awareness; perceiving all things.

Wherever I lack, God fulfills. Whenever I am not up to the task at hand, God can do it. When I cannot be in more than one place at a time, God is everywhere. When I do not understand, God does.

We have hope because we serve a Mighty God. We put our trust in the One that calls the earth His footstool. We can believe in the King Who is enthroned in the Heavens.

It doesn't make me feel bad to realize that I can only know in part, because I am acquainted with the One Who knows everything. And He is my God. He is my Savior. He is my Friend. I belong to Him.

...And He loves me.

Karen

1 comments:

Cassidy said...

Undeniably true and refreshingly simple. I love the way you put thoughts together, Mom ~ Thanks for being willing to hear from the Lord and share with us! Love you.