Monday, November 19, 2007

It's Perfectly Clear to the Lord

"...but then I shall know just as I also am known." (See 1 Corinthians 13:12.)

It is frightening for most people to realize that God knows you through and through! They feel uneasy and even threatened by such knowledge. People wear masks to conceal their true character, and pretend to be one way while living another.

However, for the child of God, to be known by Him is the greatest encouragement in all the world. We can live a lifetime interacting with people who do not really know us, much less understand us; but, God knows and understands -- and still loves us!

Psalm 139:1, "O Lord, You have searched me and known me."

Hebrews 4:13, "And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account."

Psalm 44:21, "Would not God search this out? For He knows the secrets of the heart."

Jeremiah 17:10, "I, the Lord, search the heart, I test the mind, even to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his doings."

1 Chronicles 28:9, "For the Lord searches all hearts and understands all the intent of the thoughts."

Psalm 38:9, "Lord, all my desire is before You; and my sighing is not hidden from You."

The Lord loves me and completely understands me. I am flooded with confident tranquility as I absorb this idea. He alone considers every outside force in my life that has caused me to be who I am. He knows my genetic makeup, and He knows precisely why I am the unique, special person I am. Consequently, He alone can properly appraise my heart and actions.

The Living Bible paraphrases our verse in the this way, "But then I will see everything clearly, just as clearly as God sees into my heart right now."

Lord Jesus, I trust the way you see me. Thank you for your love. Amen.

0 comments: