Monday, January 29, 2007

Put Your Future in God's Hands

The "Lie" that wants to take residence in the souls of many single women is, "I have to have a husband to be happy." We are going to deal with this untruth in the same way that we learned to refute the former ones. We will recognize this statement as a lie that comes to us directly from the Father of Lies, our enemy. Following this realization comes a deep desire to discover the Truth from God's Word. It is time to go hunting for treasure!

"My soul, wait silently for God alone, for my expectation is from Him." ~~Psalm 62:5

"It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in princes." ~~ Psalm 118:8-9

"Thus says the Lord: 'Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength, whose heart departs from the Lord. For he shall be like a shrub in the desert, and shall not see when good comes, but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land which is not inhabited. Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose hope is the Lord. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, which spreads out its roots by the river, and will not fear when heat comes; but its leaf will be green, and will not be anxious in the year of drought, nor will cease from yielding fruit.'" ~~Jeremiah 17:5-8

If you are not married, consider your own desires for a husband. Have you believed that you could only be happy if you could get married? Perhaps your focus has been something other than what God lovingly knows is best for you. Perhaps your focus has been on "the man" and not on the One Whose desire is to supply all of your needs.

As you take time now to respond to God, remember that He knows your future. Therefore, He knows how to prepare you now for what He has planned for later. We have nothing to fear as we put all of our expectations in the Lord.

Lord, I realize that great joy comes when I trust you fully, and so I give you my future. I ask for the strength and grace to walk forward into what you already know. Help me in my weakness, Lord. I love You. Amen.

Love, Karen

0 comments: