Friday, March 30, 2007

Victor vs. Victim

We are beginning the ninth chapter in our book, which is entitled, Lies Women Believe...About Circumstances. As we address the first Lie, I am sure that we will recognize it as one that each of us have entertained sometime during our lifetime. It is:

If my circumstances were different, I would be different.

Unfortunately, this way of thinking makes us out to be the victim in our circumstance. In fact, if you know a lady like this, it is very likely that this outlook permeates every other area of her life. Conversation will eventually center on her being the victim in all situations. We must recognize that, as with every Lie that invades her mind with deception, Satan is the author. His purpose is to cause separation in her relationship with the Lord. Without the Word of God, she might conclude that since God is in control of her circumstances, then He doesn't want the best for her because He doesn't want her to be happy, and....and so the lie goes!

As we endeavor to look for and find the Truth of the matter, we must remember to make it a habit to always consult the Word of God. What does the Lord have to say so that we can gain victory over wrong thinking? Read the Scritures with me:

Philippians 4:11-13, "I have learned to be satisfied with the things I have and with everything that happens. I know how to live when I am poor. And I know how to live when I have plenty. I have learned the secret of being happy at any time in everything that happens. I have learned to be happy when I have all that I need and when I do not have the things I need. I can do all things through Christ because he gives me strength."

James 1:2-5, "My brothers, you will have many kinds of troubles. But when these things happen, you should be very happy. You know that these things are testing your faith. And this will give you patience. Let your patience show itself perfectly in what you do. Then you will be perfect and complete. You will have everything you need. But if any of you needs wisdom, you should ask God for it. God is generous. He enjoys giving to all people, so God will give you wisdom."

Romans 8:28, "We know that in everything God works for the good of those who love him. They are the people God called, because that was his plan."

It is clear that God has a purpose for every circumstance He allows in our lives, and that He is mindful of our particular situation. Great joy and peace enters our lives when we walk with the knowledge of His loving participation in the details.

Psalm 139:1-6, "Lord, you have examined me. You know all about me. You know when I sit down and when I get up. You know my thoughts before I think them. You know where I go and where I lie down. You know well everything I do. Lord, even before I say a word, you already know what I am going to say. You are all around me -- in front and in back. You have put your hand on me. Your knowledge is amazing to me. It is more than I can understand."

Amen.

Love, Karen

1 comments:

Cassidy said...

Ooh...Andrew is gonna love this one! :) (the Bible study isn't closed to men, is it, Mom?)

God's truth is so healing, so refreshing, so filling to our souls. These are some wonderful pieces to hold on to!

Cass