Saturday, October 14, 2006

Realize, Reflect, and Respond

As I read the Prologue on pages 27 and 28, I found myself relating to Eve, the real person, in a way in which I have never related. God created her and she was the first of our gender. Doesn't it make sense that she would have thought and felt in her day similarly to how we think and feel today?

These "Dear Diary" entries begin each chapter of the book. We'll be discussing them during our Bible study time this Wednesday. For those of you without the book, go back once again to Genesis 3 and read carefully. Think about Eve's position before and then after her sin. Absolutely everything changed! For example, her peace changed to turmoil; her closeness to the Father digressed to separation. List for me some other "before" and "after" words as a comment to this post. I'll take your thoughts to the Bible study, and let you know how the discussion went.

Love, Karen

2 comments:

rpkkj said...

I found the book at the library in Vancouver, so all I need now is the workbook. So if someone finds money a little tight, they might also try their library.
Thank you, Karen, for leading the group.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to reading this companion blog as you study through the book. I already had the book and workbook (Robert bought it for me when it came out and I enjoyed reading it a several years back) -- but I am excited about going through it again as I know how much I need to be reminded and regrounded in the truth! And how easy it can be to slip back into believing the lies that satan tells us.

thanks for taking the time to do this!

alyssa