Monday, October 30, 2006

Be Assured of His Love

"How can God love me? I've done so many wrong things, and I just don't deserve His love."

Is this something that you have thought or said? Well, maybe we all have at some time or another. Let me tell you right now that none of us deserves His love. God does not love us for who we are or for what we have done. He loves us because that is His nature. He is love. God loved us before we loved Him. He loves us now and will love us forever.

I have a deep desire to get to know this kind of love in a way that I have never known it before. Don't you? I want to be sure of God's love, and if that takes time and study and prayer, then I want to make that effort. We are going forward together, so please don't stop now. We are searching for a treasure more valuable than gold. Since God truly loves me like the Scripture says, then I want to know that love. I want to have no doubt.

"For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:38-39).

Some Housekeeping
By now, you should have read to page 55 in the text book. After you have read, then answer the questions through Day 3 in the companion book. Bible study is Wednesday, so see you then! If you're not attending, don't forget to leave me a comment on some of your insights. They're so helpful. I hope your study time is inspirational!

Love, Karen

0 comments: