Friday, November 10, 2006

My Father Knows Me and Loves Me

This is how the Lord regards you and me:

"O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You comprehend my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, but behold, O Lord, You know it altogether. You have hedged me behind and before, and laid Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain it."

David goes on in Psalm 139 as he prays to the Lord, "For you have formed my inward parts; You have covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them."

Because the Word of God is Truth all on its own, it does not require your believing it to make it Truth. However, you must accept it as Truth for your life. If you choose not to, it will be impossible for you to know the freedom that the Lord has for you.


We should all meditate on the rest of the passage. It is as if David cannot contain himself any longer. He must praise God for this wonderful reality! "How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; when I awake, I am still with You."

May this new, or re-newed, Truth sink deep into your heart and carry you. May the knowledge of His intimate love for you cause a response of praise and worship as you go about your day today.

Love, Karen

0 comments: