Sunday, November 19, 2006

Time to Set Our Eyes on the Lord

Romans 12:3, "For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God as dealt to each one a measure of faith."

This Scripture cautions us not to spend a lot of time thinking about ourselves, but when we do, we should have a sensible estimation. We have learned that the Lord thinks highly of each one of His children. He also thinks of us often, views us through eyes of love, and even guides us to success. If God thinks in these ways about me, then why do I concentrate so much on myself? Aren't the Lord's thoughts enough for me?

Pray This Prayer
Lord, may I use the measure of faith that You have given me to trust you with my present and my future. Please take my hand and walk with me. Teach me about what is important to you, and help me to recognize the lies that have held me back. Show me Your Truth and guide me as I commit to walking in them. Help me focus on You alone as I take my eyes off of myself. Thank you, Father, for Your grace and love.

In the Name of Jesus, Amen.

Love, Karen

0 comments: